Thursday 2 August 2007

Dave's thoughts on Tom's editorial thoughts

It was exactly the kind of guidance I was hoping for, because I want this book to be as good as it can possibly be. And even though I've had many years experience in writing ads, there's a lot I don't know about writing books. Structure is the thing I have most difficulty with and knowing I'll be getting help with it is quite a relief. As for the other things I need to put in - sense of place, more backstory, building up the other characters more - these are things I can do once I've finished the first draft, although I did a bit of work on it today, particularly the prologue. I have now added a bit more about this West Ham team - the one I was expecting to see line up against Bromley.
Since I sent Tom the early chapters, I've written a further 7,000 words, which I'll send to him next week. Watch this space....

No comments: